Denver Curling holds many public Learn to Curl classes during every curling season (September to May), with two main types of classes available:
- A two-hour Introduction to Curling class ($40)
A 5 or 6 session (2 hours per session) Curling Course/Mini League ($130)
Spots are filled on a first-come, first-serve basis. Registration must be done through the website.
Subscribe to our wait / notification list to get notified by email when new classes are announced.
2017 - 2018 Learn To Curl Schedule
Learn to Curl sessions (2 Hours)
- April 9, 10, 11, and 12 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM all sessions are FULL - add yourself to our wait list
- Next sessions September 2018 -TBA
6 week Mini Leagues for New Curlers
- Next Mini Leagues start on Monday April 16, Tuesday April 17 and Wednesday April 18
- $130 each person (Registration Now Open)
Starting Monday April 16 and running for 6 weeks. - New and experienced curlers
- 2 hours 6:15 to 8:15 PM
- Prerequisite - 2 hour learn to curl class or have attended a Corporate or Private learn to curl event.
- Teams will be composed of new and experience curlers. Learn from some of the best.
Starting Tuesday April 17 and Wednesday April 18 (FULL) and running for 6 weeks - Instructional League for New curlers
- 2 hours 6:15 to 8:15 PM
- Week 1 will be a learn to curl class, or a refresher course if you have already taken an introductory class with in-depth focus on the delivery and basic rules of curling.
- Weeks 2-6 will go into more delivery mechanics, etiquette, strategy, sweeping, and general gameplay. Each successive week, mini-league participants will get to play in more game situations with instructors on hand to help.
What happens during an Intro to Curling Class?
Begin with off-ice overview:
- General information about curling rules, strategy, scoring, etiquette and safety
- Instructors working with you through the entire experience
- Stone delivery demonstration
- Drills to teach balance and sliding technique
- Aiming towards a specific target
- Purpose of sweeping and how-to effectively sweep
- Game play!
What to wear:
- Warm, comfortable clothing - dress in layers! The air temperature is 45F.
- Stretchy or loose fitting pants that allow freedom of movement - no jeans!
- Clean, rubber-soled shoes (not just the shoes you wear in off the street - bring clean shoes that won't drag in dirt!)
- Thin gloves and a hat
Equipment provided by Denver Curling:
- Brooms - for sweeping
- Grippers - to put over your shoes to keep the ice clean and to keep you from slipping
- Step-on sliders - for throwing the stone
- Delivery stabilizers - a first step in stone delivery, to keep you upright and prevent falling