Denver Curling provides several opportunities to Learn to Curl each curling season (September to May), with two main types of classes available:
- Open houses in September 2018 and Spring 2019 TBD (approximately $25. No refunds if cancelled within 72 hours of the event)
A 5 or 6 session (2 hours per session) Curling Course/Mini League ($130-$150). Recommended to have come to an open house session first. This is the only way to join a league if you have no prior curling experience.
Spots are filled on a first-come, first-serve basis. Registration must be done through the website.
Subscribe to our wait / notification list to get notified by email when new classes are announced.
2018-2019 Open House Schedule
- September 14 5-9pm
- September 15 9-11am
- September 16 10am-8pm
Mini Leagues for New Curlers
- April - May 2019. Exact date and time TBD (there will be at least 4 leagues in April/May 2019).
What happens during an Open House?
Begin with off-ice overview:
- General information about curling rules, strategy, scoring, etiquette and safety
On-ice instruction (30-35 minutes)
- Instructors working with you through the entire experience
- Stone delivery demonstration
- Drills to teach balance and sliding technique
- Aiming towards a specific target
- Purpose of sweeping and how-to effectively sweep
- Short Game play!
What to wear:
- Warm, comfortable clothing - dress in layers! The air temperature is 45F.
- Stretchy or loose fitting pants that allow freedom of movement - no jeans!
- Clean, rubber-soled shoes (not just the shoes you wear in off the street - bring clean shoes that won't drag in dirt!)
- Thin gloves and a hat
Equipment provided by Denver Curling:
- Brooms - for sweeping
- Grippers - to put over your shoes to keep the ice clean and to keep you from slipping
- Step-on sliders - for throwing the stone
- Delivery stabilizers - a first step in stone delivery, to keep you upright and prevent falling