Denver Curling holds many public, private and corporate Learn to Curl classes during every curling season (September - April), with two main types of classes available:
- A two-hour Introduction to Curling class ($30)
- A 6-session (12 hour) Curling Course/Mini League ($150) (Currently unavailable)
Registration for classes opens August 1st, 2016
Spots are filled on a first-come, first-serve basis. Registration must be done through the website.
2016 - 2017 Learn To Curl Schedule
- Intro to Curling - September 12th, 6:30-8:30pm
- Intro to Curling - September 14th, 6:30-8:30pm
- Intro to Curling - September 19th, 6:30-8:30pm
- New League Member Learn to Curl - September 21st, 6:30-8:30pm (Free! New league members only.)
- Teen Learn to Curl/Social - September 24th 6:30-8:30pm ($20)
- Ladies Daytime Intro to Curling - November 1st 1:30 - 3:30
Please feel free to contact us by email to get notified when new classes are announced.
What happens during an Intro to Curling Class?
Begin with off-ice overview:
- General information about curling rules, strategy, scoring, etiquette and safety
- Instructors working with you through the entire experience
- Stone delivery demonstration
- Drills to teach balance and sliding technique
- Aiming towards a specific target
- Purpose of sweeping and how-to effectively sweep
- Game play!
What to wear:
- Warm, comfortable clothing - dress in layers! The air temperature is 45F.
- Stretchy or loose fitting pants that allow freedom of movement - no jeans!
- Clean, rubber-soled shoes (not just the shoes you wear in off the street - bring clean shoes that won't drag in dirt!)
- Thin gloves and a hat
Equipment provided by Denver Curling:
- Brooms - for sweeping
- Grippers - to put over your shoes to keep the ice clean and to keep you from slipping
- Step-on sliders - for throwing the stone
- Delivery stabilizers - a first step in stone delivery, to keep you upright and prevent falling