Denver Curling holds many public, private and corporate Learn to Curl classes during every curling season (September - Early May), with two main types of classes available:
- A two-hour Introduction to Curling class ($40)
- A 5-session (10 hour) Curling Course/Mini League ($130)
Spots are filled on a first-come, first-serve basis. Registration must be done through the website.
2017 - 2018 Learn To Curl Schedule
5 week Mini League announced - September 6, 2017
- 5 Weeks, Saturdays 2-4 PM, November 4, 11,18,25 and December 2, 2017
- $130 each person
- no curling experience needed
- week 1 will be a learn to curl class, or a refresher course if you have already taken an introductory class.
- Mini League participants are temporary members of Denver Curling and must sign up as members. This is a fantastic way to start if you want to join any leagues.
- Follow steps on the membership and leagues page
2 Hours Learn to Curl sessions
Please feel free to contact us by email to get notified when new classes are announced.
What happens during an Intro to Curling Class?
Begin with off-ice overview:
- General information about curling rules, strategy, scoring, etiquette and safety
- Instructors working with you through the entire experience
- Stone delivery demonstration
- Drills to teach balance and sliding technique
- Aiming towards a specific target
- Purpose of sweeping and how-to effectively sweep
- Game play!
What to wear:
- Warm, comfortable clothing - dress in layers! The air temperature is 45F.
- Stretchy or loose fitting pants that allow freedom of movement - no jeans!
- Clean, rubber-soled shoes (not just the shoes you wear in off the street - bring clean shoes that won't drag in dirt!)
- Thin gloves and a hat
Equipment provided by Denver Curling:
- Brooms - for sweeping
- Grippers - to put over your shoes to keep the ice clean and to keep you from slipping
- Step-on sliders - for throwing the stone
- Delivery stabilizers - a first step in stone delivery, to keep you upright and prevent falling