Denver Curling holds many public, private, and corporate Learn to Curl classes during each curling season (October - April). Presently we offer two types of public classes:
- A two-hour Introduction to Curling class ($30)
- A 4-session (8 Hour) Curling Course. ($120)
Please note that all our classes will be open for registration August 7th. Spots are filled on a first-come, first-serve basis. Registration must be done through the website.
2015 - 2016 Class Schedule
Introduction to Curling Classes ($30)
- Tuesday Sept. 29th 6:30 - 8:30pm
- Friday October 2nd 6:30 - 8:30pm
- Tuesdays October 13th and 20th (Two-session daytime class - $60) 1:00 - 3:00pm
- Perfect for those who have daytime availability and are looking to transition into the Tuesday daytime league!
- Monday December 28th 2:00 - 4:00pm
- Tuesday May 3rd 6:30 - 8:30pm
Four-Session Courses ($120)
- Saturdays November 14, 21, 28, Dec. 12th 1:00 - 3:00pm
- Sundays January 10, 17, 31, Feb. 7th 2:00 - 4:00pm
Please feel free to contact us by email to be put on a notification list. We will email you when new classes are announced.
What Happens During an Intro to Curling Class?
BEGIN OFF-ICE WITH:
- Overview of curling rules, strategy, scoring, etiquette, and safety
- Preview of curling delivery
ON-ICE INSTRUCTION INCLUDES:
- Delivery demonstration
- Drills to teach balance and sliding out of the hack
- Delivery of stone to the target
- The purpose and techniques of sweeping
- Actual game play
- Instructors working with you through the entire experience
EQUIPMENT PROVIDED BY DENVER CURLING:
- Step-on sliders
- Delivery stabilizers
WHAT TO WEAR:
- Dress in layers
- Warm comfortable clothing
- Good pair of clean, rubber-soled shoes (Street shoes are not allowed into the ice house)
- Thin gloves
- Hat (optional)
- Stretchy or loose fitting pants that allow for freedom of movement and modesty
- Gift Certificates for learn to curl classes are currently sold out.