Filling leagues in a fair and transparent manner can be a challenge.
Denver Curling allows returning members a 1 week head start on selecting leagues over new members.
League Priority - how leagues are filled
- By returning league members, regardless of what team they were on last year (May & June).
- By curlers who were members of the club last year but did not play in that particular league. (June)
- By new members to the club
Once league slots (32 or 64) are filled. Teams will be formed by:
- Teams of 3 or 4 who played together last year in that league and wish to remain together.
- New teams made up of 3 or 4 players who wish to play together and indicated as such on the registration form.
- Entirely new teams formed by the coordinators with individuals not already on a team.
- Free agents (members not affiliated with any team) are assigned by the league chairman and coordinators to teams in such a way to produce the most balanced teams. This is usually done in consultation with the team skip.